When guests come together for the holiday season or holiday parties, a cheddar bacon cheeseball is a must. If you serve this with club crackers or even with bread sticks, I can promise that it will be remembered and you will be asked for the recipe. The combination of bacon and cheese together is something to be remembered.
A cheese ball is one of those party foods that everyone loves but no one really knows how to make. To start off you need to choose the type of cheese you want to use, we personally recommend that you use cheddar, however use any cheese you prefer.
Types of Cheese
Don’t know which cheese to use? Here are the main types of cheese:
Creamy Cheeses – These include cream cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese etc.
Hard Cheeses – This includes Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, Swiss cheese, blue cheese, Gouda cheese etc.
Semi-soft Cheeses – This would include Brie cheese, Camembert cheese, goat cheese, feta cheese etc.
Types of Bacon
For your cheddar bacon cheeseball you’re going to want to use real bacon, it tastes so much better than dry back or shredded bacon flakes. You could also try using smoked bacon if you like!
Ingredients and Equipment
- Cream cheese.
- Mixing bowl.
- onion powder.
- Sour cream.
- Sharp Cheddar cheese.
- 1/2 C milk.
- 2 C each of shredded cheddar, and Monterey jack cheese.
- 1 quarter CÂ blue cheese.
- 1 pound cooked bacon.
- 1 quarter cup each of green onions.
- 1 quarter cup of parsley.
- 1 to 2 ounces of drained pimento.
- 2 to 3 cups of chopped pecans.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1 Tablespoon of poppy seeds, sesame seeds also work nicely.
- Add any other of your favorite ingredients.
Now once you have all these, follow our steps bellow to make your cheddar bacon cheeseball.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make your cream cheese mixture. Start by beating the cream cheese and milk in a large bowl using an electric mixer until blended. Add cheddar, Monterey jack and blue cheese beat at medium speed until mixed well.
- Crumble bacon and add half of pecans and all of the green onions and pimento blend on medium speed until well mixed
- Divide mixture into halves and place on plastic wrap or waxed paper and form into a ball. refrigerate until well chilled and firm(2 to 4 hours)
- Combine the rest of the bacon and pecans with the remaining poppy seeds on a dinner plate.
- When cheese mixture is well chilled remove plastic wrap and roll each ball in the bacon mixture until well coated and re-wrap in plastic wrap until ready to use.
You can follow the steps in this video to make your own cheddar bacon cheeseball in ranch style dressing.