These France cookies are wonderfully moist and will keep in the freezer from some time so can be made ahead. Just wait until the last minute to drizzle the chocolate on top.
Though if you aren’t careful, they may disappear from the freezer before you have the chance.
An easy way to drizzle the chocolate over top of any cookie is to finely chop the chocolate and place in a heavy duty resealable bag and submerge in boiling water. After chocolate has melted, carefully knead until smooth and then snip off the very corner of the bag.
- 1/2 C butter softened to room temp.
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C milk
- 2 3/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 C semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 C finely chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
- 1 1/4 C semi sweet or milk chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then beat in milk, and then stir in graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Place miniature baking cups 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet and fill 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely drizzle about 1/2 tsp of melted chocolate over each cookie.