Leather sofas and furniture sets come in a wide array of styles textures and colors, and are available in so many different price ranges that they are most assuredly your best bet for new furniture.
Living Room Décor
One of the idea ways to improve your living rooms décor, and to provide for ease of care is to purchase leather sofas and sofa sets, which while one of the more luxurious items in the furniture array as well as the most costly, also have other reasons that recommend them for your home.
Leather furniture exists in so many styles and in so many price ranges that there is literally something for everyone.
The low end price for a leather sofa will be about 500-700 dollars however the value of that deal, even if it does sound costly, will become apparent in a very short time.
The ease of use in cleaning it from a spill is incredible and its durability and breathability is another prime selling point.
You can absolutely get the look and feel of leather in a smaller purchase price by purchasing a man made, Naugahyde or PVC vinyl look alike piece.
There are two reasons why doing that will be a remarkably bad deal for you.. The first is that PVC is one of the least durable and if your cat or child leaves a scratch on the sofa, it will show remarkably well, leaving a long skitter mark in the vinyl where the leather will simply of its own accord cover that scratch for the most part. The second and more important reason to me, to purchase real leather, is that despite the animal rights commentary to the contrary, who believe that leather is not the way to go, PVC vinyl is among the most heinous things you can do to our environment, using as it does, the greatest amount of chlorine to produce of any other product.
PVC is not environmentally healthy and any environmental damage done by the production of leather cannot possibly be as bad as that which is done by the production of leather lookalikes, or vinyl sofa and chair sets. The last, and possibly best reason is that the leather sofa you purchase today can last until it is an heirloom for your family.
Choosing the real leather as opposed to the artificial, means that you appreciate the attributes that true leather offers.
- Leather is versatile enough to go with any other furnishings, rustic décor, country décor, or even luxury or Victorian décor.
- Leather is a natural skin, and just like human skin, it is flexible and breathable, and will stretch and return to its original shape so that, unlike the vinyl, it will not stretch and then remain stretched.
- Leather is breathable and porous. It is cool in the summer and holds the warmth in the winter time, making it comfortable for any seasons use.
- Leather seats never gets that sticky feeling or sticks to your skin the way that a synthetic material will do when you are seated on it in a warm environment.
- Leather can stand up to the rigors and problems of everyday life and most types clean readily and are remarkably serviceable.
- Leather is fire resistant, and if it does burn, unlike the other types of fabric and the artificial leather, it does not emit toxic gases that the others do upon exposure to high heat or flame. heat.
- Leather is tear and crack resistant.
- Leather gains richness and appeal over the years as it is characterized by the darkening and the lovely patina that age gives it.
Leather furniture is for every home, and for every person, regardless of whether your home contains children and pets. In point of fact if it does contain those things, it is probably better for your household to purchase the real thing, in that it will wear better than vinyl replacements.
If you’d like some more leather inspiration then click on this link to watch a YouTube video made by the experts.